Leading the Industry Since 1976
Reduce your overall project costs with end-to-end services from custom engineering to special fabrication, complex machining, mechanical assembly, testing and painting along with logistics support.
With our in-house team of engineering resources, we’re able to offer manufactured products that are based on our clients’ design or products that are new innovative engineered designs. Our combined experience and expertise allows us to provide solutions for custom design requirements that meet any specification or challenging deadline.
Our team of professional engineers have expertise with the following softwares:
- SOLIDWORKS with Cosmos FEA
- Ansys FEA
Featuring more than 72,000 square feet of space, our fabrication shop includes two separate segregated bays for stainless steel and alloy fabrication. For over 45 years, we’ve built pressure equipment requiring specialized techniques and weld procedures. To date, we have complied more than 200 PQR/WPS including orbital tube to tubesheet welding.
Our fabrication facilities include:
- 12,000 sq. ft. material preparation bay with CNC plasma cutting centre and plate rolling capacity to 1-1/4″ thickness
- 4 fabrication bays totalling 35,500 sq. ft. with 50 tons lifting capacity. Dedicated bays totalling 16,000 sq. ft. for alloy fabrication
- Welding processes—GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, FCAW and SAW
- Approved welding procedures for CS, CrMo, 300 series SS, Duplex, Nickel Alloys, Titanium and Zirconium
Our machine shop personnel have expertise in machining components from all types of metal. From large components that require complex geometries and tight tolerances to small CNC prototypes, we produce each part with rigorous quality control to ensure accuracy, and reliability.
Some of our larger machine capabilities include:
- Fermat 4-1/2 axis HFM X=248″, Y=118″, Z=23.6″, W=28.7″ (spindle extension)
- Doosan 4-1/2 axis HBM X=100″, Y=78″, Z=60″
- Puma Slat Bed CNC Lathe, 40.5” dia. swing, 120” shaft length c/w live tooling
Axton has an abundant history of providing mechanical assembly services to support our machining and fabrication capabilities. Shop assembly of modular systems reduce project costs by minimizing the amount of on-site installation work. Axton also offers Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT).
Our prior experiences include:
- Screw conveyors
- Rotating equipment with bearings and drives
- Skid modules with instrumentation and electrical